Clay Bennett Handmade Surfboards

This blog is here to introduce you to the surfboards I make & myself ,my views,thoughts,projects and surfing.
First off I AM NOT AN AVID INTERNET TYPE GUY so post probably won't be daily . I work with my hands and eyes all day so sitting in front of a computor is tiring to me. I love building surfboards and I am basically a workaholic (don't want to be). I have surfed all my life and worked as a pro surfer/teamrider,sales rep, surf shop mgr/salesman, sander/ding guy, laminator,polisher, and of course a shaper/designer. I have been active in one phase or another since 1968 and still love it .
Pics of boards will be forth coming as will surf pics and other assorted strange stuff.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas 2010











As Christmas draws near and I finish up all existing orders, I personally can't wait for the year to be over! What a nightmare of a year , more drama than should be legally allowed;




My family and I endured 3-family deaths in 365 days (2-way out of town) 1-dramatic local family illness, becoming a 1-year cartaker of an older alcohol + drug dependant brother, 2-family cars dying and another needing major repairs, suffering 2-heat strokes and recently while riding a bike ,getting hit by a guy on a scooter --still dealing with some after effects of that. So yea , I'm ready to put this whole chapter behind me and move forward!




Through all that I did manage to build quite a few surfboards and recently -thanks to Trevor Grooms put together a new group of surf team riders Allissia, Leah, Josh, Chris, and a few others others both local and from down south so yea bring on the new year get Jan + Feb over and lets get some warmer water and get full fledged surf fevor cause I am stoked on many the boards I am making the variety of shapes being ordered lots of quads, retros types , as well as the tried and true noseriders. Here are a few pics of boards ----keep checking back at least once or twice a week I will be updating---and have a great Christmas and be safe on New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment