Clay Bennett Handmade Surfboards

This blog is here to introduce you to the surfboards I make & myself ,my views,thoughts,projects and surfing.
First off I AM NOT AN AVID INTERNET TYPE GUY so post probably won't be daily . I work with my hands and eyes all day so sitting in front of a computor is tiring to me. I love building surfboards and I am basically a workaholic (don't want to be). I have surfed all my life and worked as a pro surfer/teamrider,sales rep, surf shop mgr/salesman, sander/ding guy, laminator,polisher, and of course a shaper/designer. I have been active in one phase or another since 1968 and still love it .
Pics of boards will be forth coming as will surf pics and other assorted strange stuff.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Quad Egg on Halloween




Surf was too good to pass up today but I was in surfboard transition ---basically boardless .


But like any good surfer "down but not out" so I borrowed my 18 yr old daughters 7'8" quad egg


WOW!!!__LOVE THAT BOARD--the board paddled well and was fast and loose and on the lined up lefts was one of the best backside bds I have ever ridden--attacks like a shortie, blasts off the lip, and cutbacks on a dime.


I am posting this for the older or bigger surfers ( I'm 200 lbs) that don't really like riding a longbd and yet know their shorty ain't cutting it ----there are valid options and this ain't like the so called funbds in the shops---its thin 2 1/2 plenty of nose and tail rocker and a loose bottom duel concaved "v" and you will see me on one from time to time.


P.S. When I came serveral guys ran up to check it out saying the board was out surfing the shortbds out there---had to be the board I'm an old guy

No comments:

Post a Comment