Clay Bennett Handmade Surfboards

This blog is here to introduce you to the surfboards I make & myself ,my views,thoughts,projects and surfing.
First off I AM NOT AN AVID INTERNET TYPE GUY so post probably won't be daily . I work with my hands and eyes all day so sitting in front of a computor is tiring to me. I love building surfboards and I am basically a workaholic (don't want to be). I have surfed all my life and worked as a pro surfer/teamrider,sales rep, surf shop mgr/salesman, sander/ding guy, laminator,polisher, and of course a shaper/designer. I have been active in one phase or another since 1968 and still love it .
Pics of boards will be forth coming as will surf pics and other assorted strange stuff.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

SURFBOARDS--ITS wHAT i DO







I love it when I run into folks that I don't see all the time or even surf shop employees and they ask "are you still shaping" then follow it up with "really where? Do you have a shop or factory?



The anwear is YES!!!!!FACTORY!!!!__935-11th ave south Jax Bch



Part of the problem is I don't advertise and I don't sell to surf shops (not that I wouldn't but right now I don't) > No by and large I have no beef w/ the shops in fact I really like a few of the North Fla shops (Sunrise & Surf Station) and the guys who own them (in this case Dan & Tory).



But by and large they don't support the local bd builders of which I am one.



My whole goal is not to cave into fads and the latest and greatest theroy but to just build really functional , quality surboards , This doesn't always pay the bills because I also don't charge full retail , so given the fad and shop infatuation of Jaxville this can be tough sledding, but as always I will move forward.



My specialty is and has been longbds, quads, and functional tris, I do -do clears (hate it ) known more for my resin tints and splashes and I only do a few (5-6) a week and I do get backed up and being a one man show there can be delays but given time I can and will build you not a good but a great board (in 35+ years I have learned a few things). I also do RUSH ORDERS



48 hours but no colorwork on these and there is a slight fee for my night labor(its called overtime) . I am posting my basic prices which are based on the economy not normal rates:



up to 5'11----330. These prices are for either tri fins or single box and fin



6'----6'5------360 and are clear sanded 320 & scotchbrited finishes



6'6"--6'11"----390. glassed with either 4 oz or 6 oz warp cloth. And the



7'----7'5"-----420. fins are stock fins.



7'6"--7'11"----480



8'0"--8'5"-----510.



8'6"--8'11"----530.



9'0"--9'5"-----560.



9'6"--9'11"----590.



10'---10'5-----630.



over 10'5---------- 700.



over 11------------800 QUADS ARE + 40.00 AS ARE LGBD SIDES



GLOSSES START AT $30----$60. ON LGBDS






Hope this basic info helps-------happy surfing---clay

No comments:

Post a Comment